7 Simple Ideas to Make your Denver Basement Remodel Remarkable
Basements are often overlooked and unfinished – creating a missed opportunity for an incredible update to your space and added space to boot. Because of the nature of basements being below ground, they can sometimes feel musty, dark, and unwelcoming. Don’t let yours become a bunker – create a haven for you and your family to relax, play, or work with inviting elements in a Denver basement remodel.
Kona Contractors can provide everything you need to get your basement on track and make recommendations based on your situation and needs. Here are some of our favorite tips based on some of our most recent projects:
1. Pick unique lighting to set the mood: Depending on the setup of your space, recessed lighting can offer a unique and inviting feature to create a comfortable space. Consider also the use of interesting lighting fixtures as a point of interest in the space.
2. Add hidden gems for an element of surprise: Whether your walls, floors, or ceiling, consider incorporating an inlay to add some custom detail to the basement. If you have a need for a restroom in your basement, adding a strip of tile in another material can be a great way to break up the monotony.
3. Use plants to bring in some life: As simple as visiting your favorite local nursery, adding a plant to a space not only can improve the air quality, but also make the space feel lively and fresh.
4. Choose a textured floor to make bare-feet happy: Consider all of your options in terms of flooring – for your basement, you can get creative with the materials to enhance your space further.
5. Create entertainment areas to welcome in guests: Storage space is certainly important, but imagine the possibilities of extra space for entertaining – the added space can provide great opportunities and reasons to connect with friends and family.
6. Include irresistible features so the best room is downstairs: Incorporating some of your favorite things into the space can ensure you actually use the space. Whether it is a pool table, the best television, or your most comfortable chair, consider placing some of your favorite features in the basement.
7. Use warm tones to brighten up a sunless space: Windows are typically small to non-existent in basements, but that doesn’t mean the space needs to feel cold or dark. Use warm tones and exciting light to breathe life into the space.
Let us know how you’d like to implement some of our design tips in your next remodel. Give us a call at (720) 935-4922 or click here to send us a message. We’d be more than happy to turn your unused basement into a personal paradise.